2/8/10

Temptation

Okay so I haven't written in quite sometime, so I am feeling like I need to share my thoughts of the morning =).  I LOVE my time with Jesus in the morning, He always speaks exactly what I need to hear for each day!  SO the word says: "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.."  I think this is one line speaks soo much, He says WATCH, meaning stay alert-keep your eyes open.  You know those times when you are so on fire for God, things are so good and you're on a Jesus high, you feel so strong, so alert and able to resist all temptation..It's so easy to slowly slip back into every day life and not realize your focus has shifted.  When we aren't paying attention, a door can open even the slightest bit, and that's where Satan creeps in..he knows our weaknesses! 

The Bible says: "If you think you are strong, you should be careful not to fall.  The only temptation that has come to you is that which everyone has.  But you can trust God, who will not permit you to be tempted more than you can stand.  But when you are tempted, He will also give you a way to escape so that you will be able to stand it!"  (1 Corinthians 10:12-13)  I am so thankful that He is there with us through everything, picking us up when we fall!  So stay away from those situations that your weaknesses are most vulnerable in, and stay alert!  Seek the Lord in everything, He has a perfect plan for your life, and all Satan wants to do is run you off course!!  He wants to see you fail, and be miserable!  I never knew how important warfare praying was until recently, but we have that authority over Satan through Jesus!  So let's speak it, he has no hold over us, the battle was already WON!!!! 

Have a BEAUTIFUL day =)
Savannah

1 comment:

  1. Savannah, Michael and I just read your post and loved it! Very well said! We can easily get too "comfortable" in our daily lives and slip too easily! You are so right on...it's crucial to stay totally plugged in with God and His Word daily!! Love you!!!!!! Keep on writing girlie!!

    ReplyDelete