10/12/10

Just enough light for the step you're on

Good morning (=!!!! And what a GREAT morning it is too, I drove to work and it was absolutely beautiful, one of those fall crisp mornings where you can see the blue skies ahead but there is that dewy foggy-ness haha! I love it! This is what I'll miss about Seattle, THIS is my favorite time of year.

So the Lord gave me Proverbs 19:20-21 today;
"Take good counsel and accept correction-that's the way to live wisely and well
We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purpose prevails!"

SO true. We as humans try to figure everything out on our own and plan our lives out according to what society says is appropriate, or even people that are close to us, such as friends or our parents. I don't know about you, but normally when I find myself doing this I've stressed myself out to the max, trying to please everyone and make sure people think what I'm doing with my life is acceptable. I'm not going to college. I'm not starting my own business. I don't know EXACTLY what I want to do with my life, or how I'll make a living. I'm not a 100% sure about the future at all. But I'm not worried about it one bit, what I am sure of is that the Lord has it under control. "God's purpose prevails" Proverbs says, He has a plan and a purpose for each and every one of us. He has so intricately programmed us for what He has in store for our lives, all of our giftings He has a purpose for. And when you are in allignment with His will for you not only are your blessings countless as the sand, but you start to understand what your talents are to be used for, and you grow in them!

So take each day one step at a time and don't stress out about tomorrow, He has it in control (=

Savannah

1 comment:

  1. Oh!!! Knowledge so precious to have my dear at your tender age of 20! PRACTICE that knowledge daily and it will continue to bring the the REST that Jesus spoke of in His Word..."come to me all who are weary and heavy laden, and I will bring you REST" Amen sweet Savannah - Love you!!!
    Sue & Michael

    ReplyDelete